Thousands of people have been using Google Gmail services for business or personal matters. It is also used for sending online faxes. Google has been updating its services to include other advanced features like Google drive for the calendar, storage, photo, document editing, and management. A few decades ago, people could not send many items through their computers apart from emails. By that time, email accounts had a limited storage space. Sometimes people could not receive messages when their inboxes were full. Things changed in 2004 when Google introduced their new webmail service. Since then this has eliminated the problems that have been facing people when sending or receiving emails.
The use of the internet has helped in connecting people in different parts of the world. In the modern days, you can easily send free faxes from Gmail. Google has integrated an en email faxing service that used in sending faxes. This article is going to help you understand how to send fax from Gmail free. Users are provided with virtual fax numbers, and they can easily convert the outgoing and incoming faxes through Gmail. This has eliminated the needed for the faxing machine. Additionally, this service has helped people in saving money and time. The good thing about this feature is that it does not need lengthy setups. You do not have to purchase additional hardware or even install complicated cables.
Types of Gmail fax services
These services include Efax and RingCentral. With these services, users can easily create free accounts that enable them to access the free services for up to 30 days. Having access to these features is a great way of learning how to fax for free. You will also have an opportunity of trying these services before choosing your plan. However, the free service does not have security features, and it is advisable not to use it when faxing documents that contain confidential information.
Basic steps for sending faxes for free from Gmail
- Creating your new message: After signing in, a new email is created by clicking the compose button.
- Entering the receiver’s information: This information is entered in the “To” section. Enter the fax number and the receipts email. The fax number will help you in pacing the information of the internet fax provider. The fax’s title will be the subject of your email.
- Attaching documents that need to be faxed: With online faxing, you can attach documents of different formats. Whether it is an excel, word document or an image. You will follow the same procedure that is used when attaching documents that you email.
- Including the cover page message: This is similar to the text message placed when sending an email. It is included on the cover page.
- Final step: At this stage, it is critical to ensure that the fax number is correct also make sure that you have attached the right documents. Finally, send your message by clicking SEND. By so doing, your fax will be converted and delivered immediately